2012年1月25日水曜日

Why Is Organ Donation So Important?

why is organ donation so important?

Social Media for Social Good : A lung Story

This week I have been bombarded with online videos and stories that have touched me beyond belief.  First there was the story of a man who made a beautiful love video for his wife's birthday. He's since passes away from cancer. I sobbed.

Then, the amazing story of a girl with autism who was completely uncommunicative until the age of eleven and now has a blog! She inspires me and what she will be able to do to help people understand those like her…  there's nothing like it!


2010 may go down as a year of important scientific, organizational breakthroughs in transplantation.: An article from: Transplant News
Learn more
Jim Warren

Lastly (for today) this lovely Ottawa girl Hélène who suddenly got ill this past summer and now needs a lung transplant. What is most inspiring about her is that she's taking this journey as an opportunity to be positive and raise awareness about the importance of organ donation.

I'm always been big on organ donation – I think it's SO important.  I signed my driver's license the minute I got it back when I was 17. But that was before they became laminated cards you couldn't sign.  Now you can register online to be an organ donor. I didn't realize you could do that! I filled out the form immediately.
 Will you?  It'll take five minutes and could save many lives one day should tragedy befall you.

Take the time to watch Hélène's video and help her spread her message. Both she and the cause deserve it!

 

If you want to help you can also donate to Hélène to help her with the cost of relocating and waiting for an organ.  I'm pitching in $5. It's not much, but if a lot of us do it, it'll add up!  Will you?



These are our most popular posts: why is organ donation so important?

FilmLife Project Blogger Challenge for organ donation

i deleted my first comment because my hate for bieber made me overlook thew whole article. organ donation is very important and its always nice to know when someone, no matter who it is, contributes in some way to this cause ... its hard to tell because there are so many variables to this kind of thing, but hes not short on talent or fan loyalty and hes been keeping his nose clean, so short any unforseen and major missteps i see him being around for a while. ofc im a ... read more

ShareLife responds: organ donation rates should be much higher ...

... you are to donate one. On average, only 2–3% of hospital deaths occur in circumstances that will support organ donation, which is why it is so important to have as many Ontarians as possible registered as potential donors. read more

How to be an organ donor

I think it is so important to give your organs and tissue to those that need them after you die. I also think its important to donate your organs and tissue to research to help others. Your organs and tissue could save the lives of ... read more

Oh No They Didnt! - Prince Bieber Wants to Steal - Err, Donate ...

Organ transplant saves lives. Halanat Hamet, Deuteronomy 21:23, a biblical prohibition that forbids delaying burial of a body. All Rabbis agree that Pikuach Nefesh, saving lives, is more important than expedient burial. Organ transplant saves lives. Hanaat ... Codifying this mitzvah in his Mishneh Torah, Maimonides emphasizes how broadly its obligation devolves: "Anyone who is able to save a life, but fails to do so, violates You shall not stand idly by the blood of your neighbor." ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿